10 Great Holiday Gift Ideas from Callaway Gardens
For those having a hard time coming up with the perfect holiday gift, here are 10 suggestions:
1. To brighten the holidays: Tickets to Fantasy In Lights® at Callaway Gardens®. This holiday light show featuring more than 8 million lights is one the “10 Best Places to See Holiday Lights” in the world by National Geographic Traveler, a “Top 20 Events” by Southeast Tourism Society and has been featured on Good Morning America’s “Best Lights in America” series and CBS Sunday Morning. Tickets can be purchased online at www.callawaygardens.com or by phone at 1-800-CALLAWAY (800-225-5292).
2. For the discerning taste: A gift basket from the Callaway Gardens Country Store®. It can be shipped straight to the recipient. Choose from an array of jams, jellies and syrups, or perhaps a country cured ham. Shop online at www.callawaygardens.com/shopping or call 1-800-280-7524. Or, leave the cooking to us. A gift card for a delicious meal at any of Callaway Gardens’ many wonderful restaurants. Simply call 1-800-CALLAWAY (1-800-225-5292) or order online at www.callawaygardens.com/shopping.
3. For the sports enthusiast: A gift certificate for rounds of golf, tennis lessons or perhaps a guided fly-fishing trip. Even better — a sports membership through the Callaway Gardens Connection. Not interested in sports, no worries. The Connection also offers a cultural membership level to enjoy the social benefits. For details, visit www.callawaygardens.com/connection.
4. For the garden lover: give the gift of gardening knowledge. Give your gardener admission to the Southern Gardening Symposium January 24-26, 2014. Learn from authorities who know about gardening in the South. A highlight this year will be garden design expert James Farmer. Visit www.callawaygardens.com/sgs for details.
5. For the hard to buy for: The perfect ornament for that unique person in your life in the myriad of choices at the Christmas Village. The public is invited to shop, dine and visit with Santa at no charge. The Village opens nightly at 4 p.m.
6. For the stressed: A gift card for a relaxing getaway weekend to Callaway Gardens. Terrific packages are available by calling 1-800-CALLAWAY (800-225-5292) or visit www.callawaygardens.com.
7. For the animal lover: Through symbolic adoption, you can support the feeding, training, housing, husbandry and medical care for one of our resident raptors, which perform in our daily Birds of Prey shows. For more information, visit www.callawaygardens.com/birdsofprey or call 706-663-6957 for a brochure/application.
8. For anyone: An Annual Pass provides the gift of Callaway Gardens all year long. Perfect for those who ache for the fresh air of the great outdoors to enjoy nature trails, bike trails, lakes and Gardens, or who just want to escape the phone, laundry and television. To purchase, call 1-800-628-8582 or visit www.callawaygardens.com/annualpass.
9. For the person who doesn’t want or need a thing: A donation in his or her name to the non-profit Ida Cason Callaway Foundation™, which allows the Gardens to continue preserving its unique environment and to continue its mission of environmental education and land stewardship. The Callaway Gardens Development office can be reached at 1-706-663-5170 or online at www.callawaygardens.com/2013gift.
10. When only the very best will do: A brand new home in either Longleaf at Callaway, Sky View Meadows, Villas, Camp Callaway or Highland Park, all featuring EarthCraft House™ certified homes. For more details, visit www.callawaygardensliving.com.
Callaway Gardens is in Pine Mountain, Ga., 60 minutes southwest of Atlanta and 30 minutes north of Columbus. For additional information, call 1-800-CALLAWAY (800-225-5292) or visit www.callawaygardens.com.