Discovery Bicycle Trail & Bicycle Rentals
Trail: Daily, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Rentals: Daily, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (Hourly rentals until 4:30 p.m.)
DISCOVERY BICYCLE TRAIL
The Discovery Bicycle Trail is a wide, paved surface that meanders for 10 miles through a variety of scenic woodland environments, with stops at all of our world-class attractions. The gently rolling path has numerous entry points, giving guests of all ages an opportunity to explore as much of the Gardens as they like on two wheels.
Rental bikes are available daily, based on availability, at the Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center and the Mountain Creek Inn. Call 706.663.2281 for more information.
Daily Rates (Full/Half Day)
- Trek FX with Optional Burley (two-child capacity): $50/$30
- 3-speed Automatic or Manual Shift: $35/$20
- 20” or 24” Kids: $25/$15
- 6-Speed with Optional Child Carrier or Trail-A-Bike: $25/$15
- Trek FX with Optional Burley (two-child capacity): $125
- 3-speed Automatic or Manual Shift: $90
- 20” or 24” Kids: $70
- 6-Speed with Optional Child Carrier or Trail-A-Bike: $50
- Helmet Deposit: $5 per helmet, fully-refundable upon return. Georgia law requires bicycle helmets for all riders ages 16 and younger.
- Pickup or Delivery: $5 per bicycle
- Missing Lock: $8
Missing/Stolen Bicycle Charges
- Trek FX: $500
- 3-speed Automatic, 3-speed Manual Shift and 20”/24” Kids: $400
- Trail-A-Bike and 6-speed with child carrier: $300
- Guests are charged a deposit for hourly and daily rentals. Upon return, the rental fee is deducted from the deposit if there is a balance. No deposit is required on overnight or weekly rentals. Guests are responsible for any bicycle damage and/or theft.
- Someone in your party should bring a charged cell phone and a Callaway Gardens Map. In case of emergency, call Security at 706.663.5070.
- For a safe experience, we recommend that you wear shoes that will stay on your feet. Many accidents are caused by wearing flip flops and other loose-fitting footwear or apparel.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old to rent a bicycle.
- Georgia law requires bicycle helmets for all riders ages 16 and younger.
- A 7% tax is charged on all rentals.
- Credit card, room charge or master billing required for overnight and weekly bicycle rentals.
- Personal baskets are not permitted on bicycles.
- Guests are not permitted to alter, modify or add personal attachments to bicycles in rental fleet.
- Pets are not permitted in child carriers, baskets or burleys.
If you're not up for cycling around the Gardens but prefer something smaller than an automoble, try one of our Callaway Cruiser four-seat golf carts. CLICK HERE for more information.