Family-Friendly Memorial Day Getaway Ideas
Are you interested in a way to kick off the summer with a trip that the whole family will enjoy? Check out family vacation packages near Atlanta. Come to Callaway Resort & Gardens for Memorial Day weekend. You’ll find great food, comfortable lodging, beautiful scenery, and tons of things to do. You’ll get even more because special events are planned for the holiday weekend.
The Masters Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament, an annual event and the highlight of Memorial Day weekend, begins on Friday and concludes on Sunday. See world-class athletes perform amazing stunts, jumps, and tricks on beautiful Robin Lake. You can buy tickets to sit in a covered stadium for a VIP experience or watch the events from the beach and picnic areas which is included in Admission. The tournament is great entertainment for both children and adults.
When the tournament is not going on, you can watch water ski exhibitions. A plaza will have lots of merchandise, including the latest in watersports equipment, clothing, and demo models. Enjoy great food and drinks all weekend.
Join in special beach activities planned for the weekend. On Friday night, watch a family-friendly movie on the beach, enjoy live music performances and be sure to catch the Saturday night fireworks show.
Fun and Games
There’s plenty to entertain children of all ages. Your kids can get their faces painted, climb rocks, and play in bounce houses. Children can ride in paddle boats on the lake. The family can enjoy miniature golf. The kids can also shoot some hoops or take on each other in ping pong.
Take time to visit the beautiful gardens. It’s a relaxing, enjoyable experience:
- Walk or ride a bike along a trail and breathe the fresh air. You’ll see beautiful butterflies, hear the birds, and take in the great views of nature.
- See the Birds of Prey Show. Children get a close-up view of the birds perched on a trainer’s glove as they learn the way of life of birds such as owls and hawks.
- Visit the Cecil B. Day Butterfly Center. Up to 1,000 butterflies can be found in the glass-enclosed environment, one of the largest butterfly conservatories in the United States. You can attend a 30-minute show and learn many details about these colorful insects.
- Enjoy a delicious prime rib buffet on Saturday evening at the Piedmont Dining Room inside The Lodge and Spa Gardens.
- Check out the flowers and trees in bloom, such as azaleas, dogwood trees, and magnolia trees.
The best getaways in Georgia include excellent overnight accommodations. Choose the lodging that matches your style and fits your budget. Stay in a modern guest room or suite at the lodge. You’ll find a swimming pool and hot tub, along with sitting areas where you can relax with the family. Get a room with a balcony overlooking the lake and gardens. You can treat yourself to the onsite spa.
You may prefer the neighborhood atmosphere of a cottage. Get the convenience of a full kitchen and access to the complex’s indoor or outdoor pool. You may decide to spend your nights in a villa nestled in a forest environment. Whichever you choose, you’ll get great amenities and the comfort you need after a fun-filled day.
Get your summer off to a great start. Book your Memorial Day weekend vacation at Callaway Resort & Gardens.