Things to Do in Georgia to Create Memorable Moments
The Peach State
Georgia is still known as the Peach State, but there’s so much more to do in this great Southern destination than just enjoy this great-tasting fruit. Over the past few years, Georgia and its capital city of Atlanta, have really evolved into destinations for vacationers looking to break out of the norm and do something different with their time off from work or school. With that in mind, it’s a good idea to research things to do near Atlanta when you plan your next getaway in Georgia.
A Diverse Experience
Georgia is a diverse state when it comes to its geography, landmarks, and population. The area offers a plethora of experiences that you can customize depending on your tastes. This fact is particularly useful when you’re taking your family out. The following are just a few of the hotspots you’ll want to put on your list of considerations when planning your next family outing to Georgia.
What to Do
- When you’re planning a family trip to Georgia, you’ll definitely want to make the beautiful Callaway Gardens a part of your visit. The nearly 7,000-acre complex is in Pine Mountain, which is just a short drive from Atlanta. The trip is worth it when it comes to the gardens themselves, which seasonally house colorful drifts of azaleas and hydrangeas as well as other flowering woodland plants.
- When you plan a trip to Callaway Gardens, the Day Butterfly Center is a must on your list of things to do. In the glass-enclosed facility, you can view an average of 1,000 of the gorgeous insects in various stages of their lifecycle. You can expect to meet butterfly experts who will educate you on the various aspects of Monarch butterflies and their amazing migration patterns.
- If you’re visiting during a sizzling Georgia summer, another activity you must plan on at Callaway Gardens is taking in the beach. A pristine swath of white sand stretches along Robin Lake and, in addition to sunbathing and swimming spots, offers a kids’ playground, a pavilion with dining and entertainment in the form of huge checker and chess sets.
- Finally, don’t forget about the ziplining opportunities. Zip along through the treetops on lines up to 700 feet long. The TreeTop Adventure course will provide hours of entertainment with 3,000 horizontal feet of obstacles. You can spend all day playing 70 feet above the ground in this unique course that offers options for everyone, including the children in your group.
- At the end of the day, you can plan on relaxing at the Spa at Callaway. It’s the perfect place to wind down with a massage, a yoga class, or a manicure or pedicure. You can plan on being in and out before dinner, as the facility stays open for appointments until 5 p.m.
Planning Your Day
When you’re looking for fun things to do around near Atlanta, you’ll find no shortage of activities and entertainment for every member of your family. Callaway Gardens provides a diverse array of family-friendly options when you want to spend the day sightseeing. It’s entirely possible to get out and get active all day or to have experiences indoors that you simply can’t duplicate anywhere else. Your family will be tired after a full day of outdoor activities, learning, and time together. So, when you’re looking for things to do near Atlanta, make sure to book your next vacation at Callaway Resort & Gardens!