On-site Field Studies | Pre-K & Kindergarten
Come explore Callaway Gardens with your class for fun, educational experiences your students won’t ever forget! Can’t make the trip to visit us? No problem, book an Outreach Program and we will bring the learning into your classroom. Either way, a Callaway Gardens Expert will lead your class in exploration. School programs include hands-on activities and a Teacher’s Guide with additional curriculum.
We offer a diverse selection of programs! Some programs are self-led and other programs are facilitated by one of our Education Experts (i.e. Guided Programs). Your group is able to create a schedule with a combination of both self-led and Guided Programs.
Get to meet three woodland critter that live in the forests of the Southeast. A rabbit, a turtle, and a raptor all make a guest appearance during this interactive program.
- Maximum group size: 60
- Cost: $100, plus $3.60/pellet
GSE: SKL2 a; S2L1 a; S3L1 b & c; S5L1 a; S5L2; S7L1
Storytime with Cedar
Listen to a story regaling the antics of an owl with our mascot, Cedar the Owl. After this interactive reading session, participants will have their photo taken with our friendly owl mascot!
- Maximum group size: 50
- Cost: $55
GSE: CCKRL4; CCKRL7; CC2RL5
Living Food Chain
Reptiles, raptors, and mammals, oh my! Students have an opportunity to meet the living parts of the food chain; learn what characteristics these animals share; and discover how energy flows through an ecosystem. Our educational mammal and reptile are available for the students to touch at the end of the program!
- Maximum group size: 100
- Cost: $125
GSE: SKL1; SKL2 a & b; S1L1; S2L1 a & c, d; S3L1 b & c; S4L1; S5L1 a & b; S5L4; S7L1; S7L4 a, c
Birds of Prey Program
Join us for Georgia’s only daily, free-flighted birds of prey program! Learn about the unique role these feathered creatures play in the environment as they zoom over your head. Hawks, owls, falcons, and even vultures will demonstrate natural behaviors and adaptations while our experienced trainers educate you about these amazing raptors!
- Maximum group size: 125
- Cost: None
GSE: S3L1 b & c, S4L1 b, c & d; S5L1 a; S5L2; S5L4; S7L4 a, c; S7L5 b
Cecil B. Day Butterfly Center
Over 1000 tropical butterflies call this tropical conservatory “home.” The indoor rainforest habitat and adjacent 3-acre outdoor butterfly garden provide a walk-through classroom atmosphere where students can learn about the butterfly life cycle and how these winged wonders interact with their environment.
- Maximum group size: 100
- Cost: None
GSE: S2L1; S3L1 c; S5L1 a; S7L1
- $6.50/student regardless of age
- One adult (teacher, chaperone, or parent) gets in free for every 8 students
- Additional adults are $10.00 each.
- Guided programs carry an additional fee.
- Groups scheduled through the Education Department will receive priority at the various facilities
- Tax-exempt form must be submitted with your payment the day of the event.
- Check and credit card are the only accepted forms of payment.
- Groups that number more than program’s ‘Maximum Group Size’ must be split up.
- Students in grades 9th– 12th may be grouped together for a Guided Program.
- Students younger than 9thgrade must be within 2 consecutive grade levels in order to attend a Guided Program unless it is a homeschool or scout group.
- All field trips are booked through our online application: https://www.callawaygardens.com/plan-your-educational-visit/
- Reservations are taken on a first come-first serve basis. Book early to ensure your chosen date.
- Once the application has been received, a confirmation packet will be sent out via email within 72 hours.
- Please direct any questions to email@example.com Laura Mirarchi @ 706-663-5155
Deposit (This is new this year)
- A deposit is due 2 weeks from the booking date. The deposit is 25% of the total program cost for your group.
Cancellation Policy (This is new this year)
- Since indoor program space is available, programs take place rain or shine.
- A field trip can be rescheduled (depending on availability) or cancelled up to 4 weeks before the scheduled date without penalty.
- If a field trip is rescheduled or cancelled less than 4 weeks from the scheduled date, the deposit will not be refunded.
- An unpaid balance from a school will result in the school’s inability to book future field trips until the balance is paid in full.
- Accepted forms of payment: Check and Credit Card
- The remaining balance (i.e. amount left after the deposit is applied) is to be paid on the day of the program at the Gate Booth.
- The following items MUST be included with payment for admission into the Gardens:
- Tax-exempt letter (if a school group)
- Form of payment
Seeking an Off-Site Program?