Homeschool Science Days at Callaway!
December 17 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
One event on October 15, 2019 at 2:00 pm
One event on November 19, 2019 at 2:00 pm
One event on December 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Who: Homeschool students aged 5 – 14
What: 2019 – 2020 school year theme: Exploring Georgia’s Great Outdoors!
(Students will study a variety of topics related to biology, chemistry, geology, and ecology of Georgia’s environmental systems).
When: Third Tuesday of each month; 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- October 17th
- Plants & You! Learn about the parts of a plant and discovery plants native to Georgia on a hike along one of our trails. We’ll talk about where our food comes from with a vegetable demonstration and even participate in a seed-planting activity among other active learning experiences!
- November 19th
- Creepy Crawlies! Come face-to-face with millipedes, beetles, and other insects as we explore the world of creepy crawlie critters. Through interactive games and hands-on demonstrations, we’ll learn all about bugs!
- December 17th
- Christmas at Callaway! Georgia provides a wealth natural items that will get you in the spirit of the season. We’ll collect native greenery and berries to create Christmas decorations, all while learning about the natural wonders of Georgia.
Where: Discovery Center, Callaway Gardens
Why: Callaway Gardens beautiful landscape provides the perfect outdoor classroom as students gain knowledge of scientific principles. These hands-on, interactive lessons provide an active learning environment for home schoolers!
How: Please register using the form at the bottom of this page. Contact Laura Mirarchi at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.
- Group programs: Book a private program through our Education Department and experience a unique experience specifically tailored to the needs of your homeschool group. Educator-led hikes, animal encounters, and hands-on activities are just a few of the potential tools utilized during these active learning times.
- Regular educational program offerings (on pages 4 – 7 of this document)
- $6.50/student regardless of age
- $10.00/adult (teacher, chaperone, or parent)
- Guided programs carry an additional fee.
- Check and credit card are the only accepted forms of payment.