COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update – as of March 25, 2020
Due to the quickly evolving global crisis caused by COVID-19, and with an abundance of concern for the health and well being of our guests, team members and community, Callaway Gardens attractions will be temporarily closed. This includes Day Butterfly Center, Callaway Discovery Center, playgrounds and the Birds of Prey show. We are hoping to re-open attractions soon, however we will follow the direction of public health officials to determine the date.
Callaway Gardens’ natural areas including bicycle and hiking trails and all woodlands garden areas (with Historic Overlook Garden and Callaway Brothers Azalea Bowl in peak Spring bloom) and outdoor areas around Robin Lake, remain open as well as the Resort’s Cottages, golf courses and tennis courts following prescribed CDC guidelines.
For our loyal Callaway Gardens Annual Members we will be extending renewal periods and benefits which will be announced as we get closer to a firm re-opening date. You are very important to Callaway Gardens’ future and to our Team, so rest assured we will take care of you and your family. We really can’t wait to see you!
We will continue to monitor this developing situation, consult with medical experts and follow official recommendations from public health officials to determine a re-opening date and will communicate additional updates as they occur.
We thank our extended Callaway Resort & Gardens family for their understanding and compassion for one another as we work together to navigate this crisis.
The Team at Callaway Resort & Gardens
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q: What precautions is Callaway Resort & Gardens taking during this crisis?
- A: For any areas remaining open here at Callaway Resort & Gardens, the team is committed to providing a safe and memorable experience for guests. We take cleanliness and hygiene seriously all-year round but have recently ramped-up efforts to help prevent the spread of germs and follow expert guidelines. That means additional hand- sanitation stations throughout the property, rigorous and high frequency deep cleaning of commonly touched surfaces and increased hygiene signage in public and team member areas. We’re diligently following guidelines from the CDC on prevention, and strongly encourage guests to do the same while visiting, including limiting group congregation within spaces.
Q: What is Currently Open?
- A: Outdoor Areas & Attractions
- The safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers and visitors is our highest priority. Outdoor spaces at Callaway Gardens remain available to provide some respite in nature during these uncertain times. Our outdoor attractions currently accessible include: Woodland Gardens areas, Robin Lake trail, beach and picnic areas, Hiking Trails and Discovery Bicycle Trail.
- Select restrooms around property are available.
- Please advance purchase an admission ticket online before visiting. We are trying to refrain from all contact prior to entrance into our gardens for all guests.
- Note: A reduced price $10 admission ticket is available now until further notice. This price will be reflected automatically in your cart during online checkout.
- A: Recreation & Activities
- Golf courses & Tennis courts remain open to members and guests. Our team is working diligently to assist everyone while maintaining an extra level of cleanliness and hygiene along with adhering to distancing guidelines.
- Please help us by booking your golf tee time online prior to visiting to avoid any additional contact. You may also call the Pro Shop direct: 706.663.6799
- A: Resort Lodging
- Currently, our sole resort accommodation option will be The Cottages. Our Cottages offer our guests a way to stay connected with nature, while maintaining a secluded, safe and secure environment for all parties. Relax on the screened porch or deck after a day in the great outdoors or a bike-ride through the blooms.
- A reservation made for a full Cottage comes equipped with two bedrooms (2 queen beds per bedroom), two bathrooms, a spacious living room and dining area, a full kitchen, and a cozy fireplace.
- Reservations moved from another resort accommodation type (Lodge or Inn) into a Cottage will be equated to one (1) bedroom/bath plus living and dining room area access. Lodge and Inn guests may choose to upgrade to a full 2-bedroom Cottage at their discretion.
- Admission to Callaway Gardens, Parking and Wi-Fi access are included in all Resort reservations.
- Book your stay today.
Q: What is Currently Closed?
- A: Indoor Facilities & Attractions
- Callaway Gardens indoor attractions such as the Day Butterfly Center and Discovery Center are temporarily closed to the public.
- Birds of Prey shows are temporarily postponed.
- Select restrooms accessible outside of buildings around property are available.
- A: Recreation & Activities
- In addition to facilities, our recreation department is temporarily closed. Bike rentals, TreeTop Adventure & Obstacle Course, boating, and fishing recreational activities will be temporarily unavailable at this time.
- Playgrounds at Discovery Center and Robin Lake Beach are closed.
- A: Spa & Wellness
- The Spa at Callaway Resort & Gardens has temporarily suspended operations as part of its continuing effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The closure will be effective Friday, March 20, after which time we will evaluate the situation on an ongoing basis.
- Resort fitness centers are temporarily closed to the public during this time.
- A: Resort Lodging
- This is a time of uncertainty across our country and the world. We all must do our part to curtail the spread of the coronavirus. Excluding The Cottages, other resort accommodations are temporarily closed. If you have an existing reservation with us now through April, we will be personally reaching out to assist you with switching accommodations to a Cottage or rescheduling your trip.
- We plan to reopen these accommodations as soon as it is advisable to do so and will continue to support our guests, team members and community in every way we can during this period of closure.
- A: Food & Beverage
- In adhering to CDC guidelines, we have suspended operation all food & beverage outlets across Callaway Resort & Gardens property. There will be no dining available for guests at this time (including takeout or pick-up).
- We recommend bringing your own picnic or snacks during your day in the Gardens or if you are a Resort guest, be sure to bring your own personal groceries. The Cottages are fully equipped with a functional kitchen and dining essentials (plates, silverware, pots, pans, etc).
Q: What Dining options are available?
- A: All Callaway Resort & Gardens restaurants are currently closed for service due to CDC compliance in relation to guest and team member safety & health.
- The Resort’s Cottages are equipped with full kitchens for the comfort of overnight guests.
- A local grocery store is open and stocked, but we do recommend any Resort guests bring preferred food and beverage with them during a stay.
- A select number of restaurants in the local Pine Mountain area are open for to-go order service at this time.
Q: What are my options if I’ve already booked a trip?
- A: If your visit is planned within the next month (through April 30, 2020) we will personally reach out to confirm your reservation. Beginning March 25, all reservations will be placed in a Cottage, regardless of accommodation type selected at time of booking. If you decide to alter your trip plans, our team will be happy to assist in rescheduling your reservation to a future date or cancelling existing bookings due to concerns of the COVID-19. To confirm, reschedule or cancel your trip, please call a member of our Reservations Team at (844) 511-8800. Or, you may email email@example.com. If your reservation is for May 2020 or beyond, we hope you will consider keeping your reservation until our next round of evaluations.
Q: When can I rebook my trip?
- A: Our reservations team is happy to assist you in rescheduling your trip to a future date that best suits your needs. We will continue to monitor this developing situation, consult with medical experts and follow official recommendations from public health officials to determine a full re-opening date and will communicate additional updates as they occur. The safety and health of our guests, team members and community is our top priority.