The Callaway Gardens Chapel
The Ida Cason Callaway Memorial Chapel seems as if it was built especially for intimate Weddings. This idyllic stone chapel features a stone altar and magnificent stained glass windows. With its picturesque, lakeside setting, the Callaway Gardens Chapel is a lovely and inspiring location to begin your new life together.
Callaway offers a number of wedding venues in West Georgia for a private wedding reception following your ceremony, or a restaurant reservation can be secured for more intimate parties.
Plan Your WeddingCapacity
Existing Seating: 50
Maximum Guest Count with Standing Room: 75
Plan Your Wedding
- Reservations are required to use the Chapel for wedding ceremonies, rehearsals, and events.
- The Facility Fee includes the use of the Chapel for up to two hours, to be used for set up, ceremony and photos.
- Callaway hosts a public organ performance every Saturday & Sunday from 2:00pm-4:00pm throughout the year, with additional performances during the Summer and on select Holidays. Non-denominational services are also scheduled on select Sundays throughout the Summer from 8:30am-10:30am. Weddings may not be reserved during these times. Please contact our Wedding Sales Manager to inquire about available dates and times.
- Couples wishing to celebrate just their ceremony at Callaway may select a time before the 2:00pm Organ Concert. Couples wishing to host both a ceremony & reception with Callaway can choose either time frame, based on availability.
- Rehearsals: Use of the Chapel for a rehearsal is included in the rental fee. Rehearsal date and time will be guaranteed within 30-days of your event date.
- Gardens Admission: Wedding guests will be admitted to the Gardens at no charge on the day of the wedding, up to two (2) hours prior to the scheduled time of the wedding.
- Rice, birdseed, and sparklers may not be used because of the harm they cause wildlife and natural resources. The release of butterflies or any other living thing is not permitted, per Callaway Resort & Gardens’ agreement with the Department of Agriculture. Bubbles and ribbon wands are permitted outside the Chapel.
- Thanks to the natural beauty of the Chapel and its surroundings, most brides find additional decorations are not necessary. However, additional decorations are permitted, within reason, on the inside of the Chapel. The use of nails, staples or heavily gummed tape is not permitted. Decorations must be removed immediately following the ceremony.
- If the Chapel organ is requested for ceremony music, weddings must select from an approved organists list and would be hired on the weddings own.
- Callaway Resort & Gardens does not employ wedding vendors, and you have the flexibility to choose your own wedding professionals to service you on your wedding day. Callaway will provide weddings with a list of preferred wedding vendors to assist in the planning processes.
- All existing features currently in the Chapel must remain in place.
- Food & Beverage is not permitted at the Chapel. Couples looking to host a reception following their wedding would be required to rent a reception venue. Popular venues after a Chapel ceremony include the Discovery Center, Gardens Restaurant or Cypress Room.