Fun Things You Can Do This 4th of July
The 4th of July will be here in the blink of a summer eye. Are you looking for a fun, …Learn More
RESORT SERVICES CHARGE
Beginning June 1, 2016, a $15 Resort Services Charge (RSC) will apply per unit, per night. The RSC includes one $10 recreation voucher per stay, two bottles of Callaway Blue® water replenished daily, a 24-hour Virtual Concierge (text charges apply per your provider), and enhanced wireless internet access. Guests also have access to a fitness center and lodging specific pools, both with towel service. Between November 1 and March 1, guests staying in a cottage or villa receive a complimentary first bundle of firewood. Self-parking is complimentary for all guests.
Guest check-in begins at 4 p.m. Google Maps is recommended for mapping services. The minimum age to check in is 18.
Please confirm your departure date. An early departure fee of one night’s room and tax applies if you depart prior to this date.
To ensure all guests receive a great experience, please check‑out at the front desk by 11 a.m. Guests checking out after 11 a.m. will be subject to the following charges: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. One‑half of Daily Rate; 1 p.m. to End of Day Full Day Rate.
Callaway Gardens requires a first night’s deposit charged to a valid credit card at time of confirmation. Deposit policy may vary during Special Events.
DEBIT CARD POLICY
We gladly accept your use of a debit or credit card for transactions. If a debit or credit card is used, your account will be debited at the time of transaction. This also is referred to as a “hold.” For lodging expenses, your account will be debited at check-in for the projected total amount of room and tax, plus approximately $50.00 per day for incidentals. If you check out earlier than expected, or should you pay your charges by other means, the unused amount will be released from your card. Card companies also may put a hold on restaurant transactions to cover gratuity. These funds will not be available for use from your bank account. Depending on the card processor and your bank’s procedures, it could take up to 10 days for the unused amount to be credited back to your account. Callaway Gardens cannot be responsible for any returned check fee, or other fees, associated with your bank account.
CANCELLATION AND NO SHOW POLICY
Effective February 28, 2017, reservations may be changed 72 hours (3) days prior to arrival to include change in length of stay or cancellation. (Prior to this date, cancellations were required 7 days in advance of visit.) After this time, reservation changes or failure to arrive will result in the forfeiture of your deposit. This policy may vary during Special Events.
STATE HOTEL-MOTEL FEE
Beginning July 1, 2015, all hotel and motel owners in the State of Georgia are required to charge and collect a $5.00 per night fee from guests staying at their establishment. During its 2015-2016 Regular Session, the Georgia General Assembly passed House Bill 170 (Rule 650-13-2-.01). This law requires the collection of a “State Hotel-Motel Fee”(the “Fee”) on all hotel and motel room rentals. The fee is collected by the property and passed on to the State of Georgia. The establishment does not retain or keep the fee. This fee is charged for each night the guest stays, and is to be collected at the time the customer pays for their stay. Reservations and room rates quoted prior to July 1, 2015, may not have reflected the $5.00 fee in the total price. The State of Georgia’s Department of Revenue instructed hotel and motel owners that they are required to collect the State Hotel-Motel Fee even if it was not quoted in the original reservation. This fee will only be waived if the visit is paid in full prior to July 1, 2015.
PET POLICY NOTE:
A limited number of Mountain Creek Inn rooms are available for guests bringing pets weighing less than 70 pounds. A non-refundable fee of $50 per pet (two max per room) applies at time of confirmation. Other than the above-mentioned rooms, pets are not allowed inside any Callaway Gardens building, near the Bird of Prey Shows or within the Robin Lake Beach area. Pets must be on a leash at all times and are the responsibility of the owner. Any pet that shows aggression to other pets or people will be subject to revocation of all privileges at Callaway Gardens. All service animals are excluded from the Pet Policy.
Please note: If unapproved pets are found in the Mountain Creek Inn, Cottages, Villas or Vacation Homes, or Lodge and Spa, the guest will be assessed a $300 cleaning fee.
Callaway Gardens’ goal is to ensure every guest has a safe and enjoyable experience. Please assist us by following these simple guidelines:
• In case of emergency, call Security at 706.663.5070.
• The Speed Limit within the Gardens is 20 miles per hour. Please adhere to posted signs at all times.
• Motorcycles, scooters, hover boards and Segways are not allowed in the Gardens. Motorcycles are permitted to visit the facilities outside of the Gardens gates, such as the Inn, Cottages, Villas and conference center. Motorcycle riders can rent transportation carts and/or bicycles to enjoy the Gardens. Power-driven mobility devices for guests with disabilities are permitted.
• Pets are not allowed inside any Callaway Gardens building except for a limited number of pet-designated guest rooms in the Mountain Creek Inn. Pets are allowed in outdoor areas except within Robin Lake Circle, which includes the Robin Lake Beach and picnic areas, and the Discovery Amphitheater. Service animals are permitted. Pets must be on a leash at all times and are the responsibility of the owner. Please see “Overnight Policies” below regarding pets in lodging facilities.
• Privately owned golf carts, side by sides, or any other ATV are not authorized on Callaway Resort & Gardens Property with the exception of permitted Callaway Residents.
• Ride bicycles on designated paths. Georgia law requires children younger than 16 to wear a helmet when biking.
• The Discovery Bicycle Trail is designed for bicycles. Walkers and joggers please use caution.
• Callaway Cruiser golf carts should stay on roadways within the Gardens. For safety reasons, Callaway Cruisers are not permitted on bicycle trails, walking paths, or U.S. and state highways. Carts rented to play golf should stay on designated golf course cart paths. Golf carts are not permitted to leave Callaway Gardens property.
• Please dispose of litter properly.
• Refrain from bringing alcoholic beverages into Callaway Gardens.
• Callaway Gardens facilities are smoke-free.
• Grilling and picnicking is permitted in the Pine Needle Point picnic area on the west side of Robin Lake Beach. Tables at the Beach Pavilion and Beach Bar are reserved for dining customers.
• Be considerate of other guests with your entertainment.
• To fish, check at Callaway Outdoors (lower level of The Gardens Restaurant) or the Boathouse for designated fishing areas. No bank fishing permitted.
• Refrain from soliciting at Callaway Gardens.
• Wildlife lives throughout the Gardens. Please only watch; don’t feed the animals, unless using food – such as fish food – provided by Callaway Gardens.
• Professional photography, drones and video, permission required.
• Callaway Gardens reserves the right to not allow the carry of handguns or other weapons on the hotel/resort premises.
• Callaway Gardens prohibits the use of fireworks, sparklers, etc. by its guests.
• There are several options to view the Gardens without walking. On a first-come, first-served basis, a limited number of wheelchairs are available for use at the Cecil B. Day Butterfly Center and Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center.
• Capacity Closure: To ensure guest safety and enjoyment, if necessary, Callaway Gardens may find it necessary to limit gate access through a phased closure. When gate access must be limited, priority access “may” be provided to the following groups: Callaway Resort & Gardens Overnight Guest, Callaway Connection Members, Annual Members ,and Day Guests re-entering the Gardens with proof of same day paid gate admission.
PLEASE NOTE: By your admission to Callaway Gardens, you grant Callaway Gardens the right to film/videotape/photograph you on Callaway Gardens property for marketing, advertising or broadcasting purposes without payment or consideration thereof.
Swimming, water skiing, wakeboarding, and tubing on Robin Lake
Climb and zip through the trees on this fun forest course
Meet over 1,000 colorful butterflies face-to-face
Discover the strength, speed, and beauty of these magnificent creatures
Explore Callaway’s 2,500 acres by foot or by bicycle
Drink in the beauty of azaleas, hydrangeas, and other woodland wonders
One of National Geographic’s Top 10 Holiday Light Displays
An authentic Georgia outdoor family getaway like no other
Enjoy mouthwatering, chef-prepared cuisine at an array of restaurants
Watch beautiful balloons aglow or enjoy your own tethered balloon ride
A night beneath the stars with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra
Tournament for the greatest athletes in competitive watersports
Some of the best lake fishing in the southeastern United States